Wednesday, 9 January 2008
OK how slack am I!! I am going to use the tiredness and sickness of the first trimester as the excuse of course! I got hit with major nausea - not much vomiting but nearly constant nausea. it got worse if I didnt eat and then even worse about 10 minutes after I did eat - uurrggh! And of course I am yet another of those women who despair over it being called "morning sickness" - yeah I wish it only occurred in the morning! I think everyone at work thought I was a total misery guts as they didnt know I was UTD and only saw me looking pretty miserable for 3 months!

But... all is well that ends well :) our 12 week scan went well - we got great statistics for having a healthy baby - apparently I have the same chances as a 16 year old in having a healthy bub (hehehe look out Jamie-Lynn!) which is not bad for a 26/27 year old! THe scan was AMAZING - seeing a real live baby that looks perfect and that is kicking and flipping around - wow! Hubby and I both think that it looks a boy :) but who can tell! So I then interviewed for and got my promotion - yay!! what a relief! Hurrah for lots more extra $$$$$ - very welcome! and being permanent is exactly what I needed :) So of course then I was able to come clean and tell everyone at work/email all friends - it was great to own up and stop wearing loose clothes!

So that brings us up to xmas - it was a busy December! We had some very well deserved holidays - which involved way too much travelling and shopping but were great fun :)
I got totally spoilt by mum and hubby for xmas and felt very lucky to have such nice gifts - my fav's being lots of cute cute jarmies, a new guess watch and... the Oroton signature nappy bag!!! I love it!! of course it cost more than I was planniong on spending on the pram! but as a gift is was very appreciated!! We also got a Sony video camera - once hubby learns not to film me with it, it will be a welcome addition! Of course its for filming the bub but I cant help but think how handy it will be for filming the horse during dressage tests ;)

Now.. back at work and trying to get my head around the concept of not being there for the whole year - so hard when there is so much going on, my grant.., work trips, new staff to train... arrgghh!

We have started baby shopping :) but I will fill all that in another day. We are holdiing off decorating the nursery until we find out the sex - which is next Friday!!! Cant wait - of course I am totally nervous about possible finding a morphological defect but at the same time its going to be so cool to see bub again.

I have a cute little baby tummy now that sticks out of clothes. I cant do anything up anymore and have ordered some funky maternity jeans :) I am feeling so much better than the first trimester and have even started exercising again - yay! But I am not allowed to horseride - banned by both my obs and hubby :( (and also the horses are on rest after EI). Its so hard to accept that Spech will have to be retired from competition for this whole year :( Although there is a little part of me that holds hope taht after bub comes out I might squeeze a few in at the end of the year (wishful thinking I am sure!)

OK foods of the moment: milo (my lifeblood! I need atleast one a day), white nectarines, mangoes, salads... hmm and anything else as I am starving hungry all the time..
Weight: starting: 57.5, current: 59
Noticeable symptoms of the moment: backache if I do too much round the farm, crap sleep cause I cant sleep on my tummy (body pillow = lifesaver!), some lower pelvic pain and pulling, blacking out when standing up..

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I