Friday, 17 July 2009
So, I love watching fashion and I love seeing what is on trend. But sometimes I sit it out and just watch from the sidelines. Memorable fashions that I didn't jump onboard for me are the fluoro colours of the mid-1990's, the high waisted double breasted skirts that came up to just under your boobs from just recently and the current trend of wearing leggings with short or tight tops that dont cover the crotch (oh the camel toes I have had to see recently!)

There are other fashion trends that I might like but for some reason dont suit me one bit. I cant wear oversized tops... I look really swamped and silly. I think I need more height to pull it off.

So Shop Till You Drop has done a spread on The Original 90210. It came to me as an email from As Seen In as a top trend. I opened the email ready to wince and shake my head - I remember those fashions from the first time round and it wasn't too pretty! But surprisingly, I quite like the clothes! I like the silhouettes of the body dresses and the acid wash is kinda funky...





Now I am worrying - should I be hating it? Normally I think I would... SHould I be sitting this one out?

4 comments:

Babyjo Eco Baby Wear said...

Hmmmm - I am with you on the fashion thoughts - "Leggings are NOT pants", do not wear them as though they are....I just cant comprehend it, and I can not see myself adopting this trend - EVER!
Lol - thanks for an amusing read.
Jo

Teneal said...

I wore fluro. A lot. Not good, even on a child.

I am not a fan of that floral dress with the zip down the front! Does remind me of 90210 though, which I loved. I don't think I'll be going back to the 90s anytime soon though....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm personally I am not a fan - but I don't have much fashion sense, so don't listen to me anyway :P

Amy said...

Thanks for the opinions guys :)

I think it was a whim.. over it now

LOL Babyjo - so glad to hear you agree - exactly they are not pants!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I