Thursday, 21 April 2011
Not big Easter celebraters here - not religious and we dont eat much chocolate. So we have the obligatory purchases for the kids and some lollies and plastic eggs to set up a scavanger hunt with the family and we are simply heading to our beach house on the Tweed Coast to relax and have swims and walks on the beach. Jase and I don't buy each other anything as it just sits in the fridge or pantry for months afterwards... so instead we are just hvaing dinner out at our favourite resort where there is a great kids play area so we can have a wine in relative peace. My parents and brother are joining us on the Sunday for the scavanger hunt and a roast lunch. Should be low key and nice.

I am looking forward to the time off - we have a lot of farm work to get through when we aren't at the beach... life has been dominated by work and work trips for the last month or so and its about time we dedicated some time to our other "job" of looking after farm animals, paddocks and fences. I have a long list of jobs!

But I did spoil Jase in the current Oroton online sale, buying him a gorgeous chocolate leather briefcase he has had his eye on for awhile. His leather work case I bought him in Florence Italy has finally died so its perfect timing. And this little number just had to be bought for me at the same time ;)



Its exactly what I have been searching for in a new handbag for the last 5 months or so and it was marked down by $380, how could I resist!

So happy easter to me! The bubbly is chilling in the fridge, Jase is on his way home for an early afternoon and the deck is looking perfect for watching the suns rays grow dark gold through the gum trees while the girls play on the grass. Bliss, I mightn't be religious but I know I am blessed.

May you and yours be happy and loved this holiday weekend xoxo

2 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

Oh my, I love that bag, how utterly perfect!

(And I think my email hates me, as I never knew about the Oroton sale. Or Brian has been pre-reading my emails and deleting them :P )

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Ooooh me likey! x

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I