Monday, 11 April 2011
As a molecular biologist, I often marvel at my kids from a genetic point of view. The lovely shuffle and mix up of my genes and Jase's genes that have by random created such wonderful little individuals. How one looks so much like Jase and one so much like me and yet be so similar to the other parent or so completely different to everyone in another way.

My mother sent me this quote the other day and its just beautiful in the way it reminds you that you are so unique and special and nobody will ever again be just as you are.

"At bottom, every man knows perfectly well that he is a unique being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time." -Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher (1844-1900)

1 comments:

Mel said...

I'm not a molecular biologist and I do the same Amy! Especially looking at photos of them at the same age. Its been most fascinating seeing them change as to who they resemble most as they grow! Liam has always looked more like me, but now Ashleigh is almost identical to me at age 19mths, and yet she has resembled Damo's family most up until now.

I love the way they are the perfect blend of the two of us though - both physically and personality wise.

Love that quote!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I