Wednesday, 21 May 2008


Well obs appointment went well - blood pressure is staying steady and not dropping anymore.. my belly is now measuring 40 weeks - she is clearly growing well! The obs says bub is in the perfect position and it could just be any time.. but not that I am looking like I am going soon - no obvious signs :)

I am getting so many braxton hicks and lots of pains in the lower pelvis so my body is definitely practicing away.. I am really tired these days - am quite blown away with how tired I get doing so little during the day. I can manage a morning of working away round the house and then I am super tired!

Yesterday was lovely - Hubby took the afternoon off and we went bub shopping after the obs appointment. Hubby was cute - grabbing all sorts of newborn things - I think the reality of a baby arriving soon is starting to sink in! We are pretty organised now - just a few random things etc..

We had our last antenatal class last night after a nice dinner out for hubby and I (hey have to make the most of the couple time while we can!) I feel a little calmer about what to expect with the birth and the days afterwards - although walking into that maternity ward does make me tense up! We swapped phone numbers with some of the other 36 weeks along couples and might meet them for a coffee which would be nice.. the midwife wasnt impressed to hear that I havent packed my hospital bags yet but its so hard! I mean I have lists on the fridge (come on as if I wouldnt have a list or two written!) and some things in bags for labour and hospital stay.. but most things I am still using and want to up until birth ie clothes, maternity bras, toiletries.. so it will just have to wait!

I bought a fit ball to bounce on - meant to be good for positioning bub.. it really helps my back pain which is great!

I have a massage booked for tomorrow - cant wait!

1 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Hope you enjoyed the massage and it offered some kind of relief.xx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I