Monday, 26 May 2008
I have been so lucky with this pregnancy :) I have been trucking away - fairly mobile, generally sorest at night because I have been on my feet all day.. but in the last week - wow I have had to slow down! Waddling is the major form of transport these days ;)

I am getting lots of braxton hicks - man are they tight across the top of my bump, I generally find it hard to breath when they start! Poor bub must be getting pretty squished in there. I am savouring these last chances to feel her move around in there - its pretty special. Although I am DYING to see her! I have no idea what she will look like - but its exciting to imagine :)

I have made great progress on my labour and hospital bags and am feeling pretty organised - which is great as I am now 37 weeks and that is officially full term! Our little one is cooked - wow!

I couldnt sleep last night and was reminicising over the early pregnancy days - remembering the shock/horror/amazement that i had when I saw that second line on that test! The only way I could express it was in physical movement - hopping around and dashing around. Hubby thought I was mad! It was all just too real but so maddeningly surreal at the same time :) Its a magical memory for me now.. made sweeter as the things that were stressing me back then are all sorted - I have my wonderful permanant job and am loving my blissful maternity leave.

We had our breastfeeding clinic on the weekend - it was lovely to learn from woman with babes in arms and to talk and share experiences that are never included in textbooks. I am hoping to join in a few social occaisions with these woman and to meet some people in our local area..

Today involved a lovely sleep in - actually involved me being a coward and staying in bed as I had some lovely lower pelvic pain! And then joining the local library and stocking up on books to read - I have a few weeks of coherence left where a book will still seem like a viable leisure activity! And a slow grocery shop - why does everyone have to stare at me like I am about to have the baby right there! Sigh everytime I am an object of interest and comments on the size of my poor old tummy! Still its enough to tire me and lead me to an afternoon on the lounge - sigh once I was so darn active and fit!

Tomorrow is my weekly obs appointment - I have hope that he might shed some light on how long this waiting game will go but I doubt it! I just have to let my control freak nature go dont I!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I