Saturday, 10 May 2008
Its been pretty nuts recently - lots of farm work on tanks and drains etc which has been taking up our weekends.. and on top of that work has been so demanding and by the time I arrive home I am too tired for anything but a whinge and falling into bed :)

BUT that all changes now as I am ON MATERNITY LEAVE!!! Yay!! I am quite excited as I havent had any time to get my head around this new stage of our life and I am really looking forward to nesting and preparing to be a mum :)

That said - I did bring home a whole wheelie suitcase of work lol - I am planning on easing out of work with a few days working from home finishing things off :)

Things finished in a fun hectic way - I was working late on the Thursday night lecturing for a Masters uni course and then Friday work through a huge morning tea for me - SO much food and over 35 people! Work got me a lovely farewell gift of a beautiful baby book that they all signed and a gorgeous pure indulgence spa voucher with a facial, back massage and pedicure -mmm great for pampering a new tired mum! Then I had to rush off from work as hubby and I had to meet Ben and Rhi and Mum and Dad down the Gold Coast for Mums Mothers Day dinner. That was lovely and good way to celebrate for me :)

Bubs is hiccuping away as I write this - so cute :)
TOday I was quite antsy I am afraid - despite a very decadent sleep - in with hubby, I was tired, sore and spent the day being grumpy and trying to do to much!

Oh well plenty of time to learn how to relax ;)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I