Friday, 22 August 2008
Yep almost 4 weeks since I got back on the horse and what a difference it has made! I am talking about the horse more than me ;)

Well his changes are more obvious then mine anyway! I cant believe how in such a short amount of time Spech has gone from really hairy dull coat, fat grass belly and no muscle to a shiny coat that has that gleam (advantages of being a stay at home mum who can groom most days!) and he has the definite beginnings of his dressage muscles through his neck and back and the tummy has streamlined. I so wish I had done a "before" photo!

I am feeling fitter on the horse - can actually half halt now! It was pretty impossible when I first started and didnt have any core or thigh muscles! My arms are startign to show bicep tone too - hurrah! Now I just need the stomach to go flat again - the muscle definition is back but there is a definite sticking out bit :( I live in hope that it will go back to flat but who knows!

The dressage isn't too crash hot yet. Spech is still really stiff to the right - I am trying leg yielding, shoulder in's and tight circles to improve that... But hey bring on our first comp next week!

Elka continues to grow and change - she is sitting up by herself for a few seconds now! She is doing little pushy up movements in her tummy time now. We spent the day out shopping at Harbour Town with the family yesterday and she was brilliant - she stuck to her routine despite all the disruption :)

In big news - I will be leaving her for a full day trip to Canberra in September for work :( I am excited about the work trip - its fascinating stuff but gosh it will be from early early morning till late night that I will be away from Elka. Still it has to be done at some point! I swear I am probably the only mad person who does work trips whilst on maternity leave!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I