Tuesday, 12 August 2008
Time is truly flying and I don't know where the days go! The last week has been busy and lovely - my family from Canada are over visiting and its been great spending time with them :) We are heading to the Sunshine Coast on Saturday and I am so looking forward to it - the resort looks beautiful!

I have been trying to get my "match fitness" back for the dressage - poor Spech and I are both unfit and flabby and dont have long to get a little more respectable! My legs and butt are killing me and we aren't even riding for long periods yet - although we are getting in rides or lunges most days which is great! have ridden the last 3 days out of 4 which is pretty good! Now just to learn the test...

Its getting cold here finally - we have had two mornings of frost - brr!

Elka is now 8 weeks and in a few days will have her 2 month "birthday" - she is going for her vaccinations today :( and I am already sooking about it! I think it will of course be harder on me than her! I just hope she doesn't have any bad reactions :( I am not sure if my scientific knowledge and PhD in vaccine technology makes it worse - I kinda think it does! Its a lot for a little body to go through :(

In Elka's update - she is just growing and growing! She is very aware and loves to chat to us. She is very slightly starting to grab at her toys which is cool! She seeks me out from further away and stares at me. She loves to be stared at and responds with big grins and silent giggles when she gets attention. She has learnt to blow raspberries which is cute! She has also started feeding much faster and stronger which means she is very good at filling herself up, not burping properly and then spitting up for the next hour! Needles to say bibs are pretty popular in this house now! she is going fantastically on her routine and sleeps and self settles very well. I know I am being demanding as she puts in two huge day sleeps but I would love her to drop her 3.30am feed as I am getting so tired now that I am back in training and being so active! But I really cant complain - I could actually take a day nap if I wanted to. I havent had a single nap during the day since I gave birth! There is just so much else to do!

Anyways thats my update :) and here of course are some pics!
Elka just chilling on her bouncer and looking around during tummy time - her neck is getting nice and strong!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I