Friday, 29 August 2008
Its been a nice quiet week - a lovely weekend hanging out with Jase, some shopping etc. We are having some issues with Elka not wanting to be held by anyone but me. This was most noticeable when I tried to leave her with Jase while I wwas out with the farrier. I could her screaming her head off and poor Jase had to bring her back to me as she had tears rolling down her face :( I expressed and Jase gave her a bottle which she wasn't hugely keen on but she did take it. I am hoping we can get her to improve as I have agreed to go on a work trip on the 1st of October. Poor mum will be looking after her!

In awesome work news - turns I am eligible for the extended maternity leave that was brouight in just after I started my leave. I am so happy as it means another 4 weeks of leave at half pay for me - yay! So I will be going back 2 days a week at the end of Feb rather than Jan now :)

Have been working on Spech a lot this week - he is looking beautiful. At least he will look nice even if he is being a turd in the arena ;) Otherwise we had a gorgeous dinner out with the two couples we made friends with from our antenatal class - it was great to have some "adult time". We all did a great job of ignoring the three crying babies - hehe talk about surround sound crying, so that we could eat a lovely dinner :)

Tonight we are heading to the lovely surf club at Currumbin for a farewell dinner for my Candadian family. The club is basically out in the ocean and looks back up the Gold coast so the lights of the skyscrapers are beautiful. Should be a nice impression for the visitors! Then a busy weekend, setting up for the dressage comp and riding in it on Sunday - yay!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I