Monday, 22 September 2008


As I mentioned we went to our third Swell festival on the weekend. The sculptures are set up on and along the edge of the beach. Its a lovely way to spend the day wandering around admiring all the different styles and designs.

Elka enjoyed the day out - we settled under a shade tree for her feed and she got to play on some lovely green grass which was cute to see. She was a little funny about the feeling under her bare feet. Yes we do have grass at the farm but we also have big bitey ants so we don't often lie around in the grass at home :) Here are some pics of the relaxing and bubba looking summery in her dress and hat




And in "roll watch" news - Elka tried to roll from her tummy to her back today (14 weeks today)! She almost got there but got her arm stuck underneath so the top of her torso didn't quite make it over. But it was darn close! When Jase got home, she had another go. Its terribly hard to watch her straining and trying! She hasn't quite figured it all out and gets so frustrated and starts crying out in annoyance! You just want to help her - but then she won't learn to do it herself...Can't believe how fast she is growing!

I rode Sam today - its lovely to ride such a big horse (17hh). He is green and really needs some work - he is so stiff to the right that he goes beyond the analogy of stiff as a board! But I like a challenge and he is lovely and calm and seems quite trainable.. sigh I will try to squeeze him in, in my spare time (hah!)

1 comments:

Laura said...

Elka is so gorgeous! Great blog :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I