Monday, 29 September 2008
Just a quick update - have been pretty busy round here!
Elka is 15 weeks today and we dropped into the clinic for a check-up. She is 6.9kg and 63cm long now - in the 90th percentile for both height and weight so she is still going strong!
The nurse checked her and she has met all her 4 month milestones which is great! Ie grabbing things, turning to see me across the room and her neck strength..
Bubs is starting to laugh a lot more - she isnt real good at it though! Its a cross between breathing loudly and coughing! But so so cute! She is a cheery little thing at the moment - really loving playing with her toys, her crinkly book (a big hit) and stomping her legs. She is still trying to roll - she is good at getting on her side from her back but the tummy to back is still a bit tricky - she gets a lean up but really isn't getting there yet! She loves to be held in a standing position - she just beams and beams with big open mouth grins!
Sleep isn't too bad - she has been catnapping during the day. I am working on settling her between sleep cycles. Nights are still great from 7pm (dreamfeed at 10.30pm) through to 5.30am for a feed, then back to sleep till 7am.
On wednesday, I am leaving Elka for the whole day whilst I go on that work trip to Canberra :( I am sort of dreading it and will be glad when it is over. But really I have to suck it up as she will be going to daycare for 2 days a week in February anyway!
Otherwise, its been pretty hot here. We got some good work done on the drainage this past weekend plus some nice relaxing :) Not much to mention on the horse front - haven't had much time as working on a grant application for work.. but did lunge Spech over a little jump yesterday...
Can you believe that it is like 12 weeks till xmas! We bought some cute toys for Elka already ;)
Elka is 15 weeks today and we dropped into the clinic for a check-up. She is 6.9kg and 63cm long now - in the 90th percentile for both height and weight so she is still going strong!
The nurse checked her and she has met all her 4 month milestones which is great! Ie grabbing things, turning to see me across the room and her neck strength..
Bubs is starting to laugh a lot more - she isnt real good at it though! Its a cross between breathing loudly and coughing! But so so cute! She is a cheery little thing at the moment - really loving playing with her toys, her crinkly book (a big hit) and stomping her legs. She is still trying to roll - she is good at getting on her side from her back but the tummy to back is still a bit tricky - she gets a lean up but really isn't getting there yet! She loves to be held in a standing position - she just beams and beams with big open mouth grins!
Sleep isn't too bad - she has been catnapping during the day. I am working on settling her between sleep cycles. Nights are still great from 7pm (dreamfeed at 10.30pm) through to 5.30am for a feed, then back to sleep till 7am.
On wednesday, I am leaving Elka for the whole day whilst I go on that work trip to Canberra :( I am sort of dreading it and will be glad when it is over. But really I have to suck it up as she will be going to daycare for 2 days a week in February anyway!
Otherwise, its been pretty hot here. We got some good work done on the drainage this past weekend plus some nice relaxing :) Not much to mention on the horse front - haven't had much time as working on a grant application for work.. but did lunge Spech over a little jump yesterday...
Can you believe that it is like 12 weeks till xmas! We bought some cute toys for Elka already ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment