Friday, 19 September 2008
Elka can now roll from her back to her side - she started yesterday (3 months 2 days) and as per all her new tricks now does it lots. Here is a pic :)

I guess once she gets sick of doing that then she might go further and do a full roll. So I am still on roll watch ;)

Otherwise we are off to the Currumbin Sculpture Festival tomorrow - we love to go every year. And on Sunday, I have my pamper spa package that my work got me as a mat leave gift. Yay! massage, facial and pedicure - will be bliss :) Jase gets Elka for the day so I am sitting here expressing away...

I have had this week off riding as I have been pretty busy and I was keen to jump on Sam today but I decided to be good and stay inside and work on a grant appplication for work.. grumble grumble! Sometimes I do wish I was the sort of person that could just walk away from my career for the time off but that just isn't me.. Not sure when i will find time to get back on the horse though :( as weekend is busy and then next week one of my lovely friends from Canberra and the PhD era is coming to stay and I am planning lots of nice things for her as between her PhD and medicine she never gets a break..

So I will probably get a little horse-sick - hopefully wont lose too much fitness in the meanwhile :)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I