Saturday, 4 October 2008
Yep bub rolled over properly this morning :) She did a good roll from tummy to back but wouldnt repeat it for poor Jase who had just walked out of the room when she did it! So she is 15.5 weeks old for the record keeping ;)
Gosh she has been "talking" alot! She is very vocal and tends to make grumpy noises rather than crying if she knows one of us is around to listen :)
I had my trip to Canberra for work. It went so well! I was surprised at how little I missed Elka.. basically I knew she was safe and happy playing with her nanny and poppy so I could concentrate on my work instead. Although regular sms updates helped alot ;)
I really hit my stride with the work meeting too - it was like I had never taken time off which was very reassuring. Now if I could just get this darn research grant finished then I could go back to my maternity leave for a bit longer!
In other news... its getting summer hot here and with it has come two brown snake sightings - seems to be the one juvenile that is trying to make our backyard its territory.. we are doing our best to scare it off but if it happens to be around when we are, then it may just meet mr hoe ;)
Just got back from the Horseland sale - got some great bargains including some gorgeous butter soft white leather gloves for $5!! All up I got $100 worth of gear for $45 so I was pleased! Also bought Sam a lovely Skye Park ripstop set - hopefully it will stay intact and help stop his itching over the summer! I havent had any time to ride - between visitors, the work trip, the grant and bubby not sleeping for long periods (have seemed to have solved that now though - touchwood!). So at this stage am thiniking I wont bother with the Age day competition as it might cause me too much stress trying to prepare (plus Spech has thrown a shoe and farrier isnt coming till next Sat - bummer)! Will just concentrate on preparing for the Derby day - maybe try to take him up the LVRC grounds for some jumping practice.. plus some more work on Sam..
We are off for a few days this arvo - staying with my parents and going to a 1st bday party (ELka has a cute party dress to wear!) and then driving down to Sawtell to meet Jasons parents and introduce Elka to her great Grandmother which will be nice and special!
So that is it for a few days - am sure I will be back with pics after the party!
Gosh she has been "talking" alot! She is very vocal and tends to make grumpy noises rather than crying if she knows one of us is around to listen :)
I had my trip to Canberra for work. It went so well! I was surprised at how little I missed Elka.. basically I knew she was safe and happy playing with her nanny and poppy so I could concentrate on my work instead. Although regular sms updates helped alot ;)
I really hit my stride with the work meeting too - it was like I had never taken time off which was very reassuring. Now if I could just get this darn research grant finished then I could go back to my maternity leave for a bit longer!
In other news... its getting summer hot here and with it has come two brown snake sightings - seems to be the one juvenile that is trying to make our backyard its territory.. we are doing our best to scare it off but if it happens to be around when we are, then it may just meet mr hoe ;)
Just got back from the Horseland sale - got some great bargains including some gorgeous butter soft white leather gloves for $5!! All up I got $100 worth of gear for $45 so I was pleased! Also bought Sam a lovely Skye Park ripstop set - hopefully it will stay intact and help stop his itching over the summer! I havent had any time to ride - between visitors, the work trip, the grant and bubby not sleeping for long periods (have seemed to have solved that now though - touchwood!). So at this stage am thiniking I wont bother with the Age day competition as it might cause me too much stress trying to prepare (plus Spech has thrown a shoe and farrier isnt coming till next Sat - bummer)! Will just concentrate on preparing for the Derby day - maybe try to take him up the LVRC grounds for some jumping practice.. plus some more work on Sam..
We are off for a few days this arvo - staying with my parents and going to a 1st bday party (ELka has a cute party dress to wear!) and then driving down to Sawtell to meet Jasons parents and introduce Elka to her great Grandmother which will be nice and special!
So that is it for a few days - am sure I will be back with pics after the party!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
Housekeeping!1 week ago
-
-
The blog is closing6 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra8 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming11 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland12 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!12 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks13 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening14 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....14 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

0 comments:
Post a Comment