Wednesday, 15 October 2008
Well after about 10days of a hungry hungry hippo who was feeding alot and for long times - ie over a hour or three feeds in four hours.. we decided that maybe starting solids was the way to go. She had been taking an empty spoon quite happily and had learnt how to drink water out of her sippy cup. I started at 3.5 months and Jase was just a few day past 4 months, plus WHO has gone back to reccomending 4-6 months for solids, so we figured that trying her at 17 weeks wouldnt hurt.

She has started on just tiny amounts of farex (rice cereal) made really runny with breastmilk. As you can see from the pic - it wasn't a hit!


But now after a couple of days, she smiles and gets excited when she sees the spoon. Admittedly, she then pulls faces at the food in her mouth but she swallows most and looks for the spoon again! So she cant be hating it. Today she will have her first taste of homemade stewed apple and I am hoping that that will be more popular!

Tomorrow is her 4 month shots. I am hoping they go well with minimal reaction!

1 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

Oh my lord, solids! Your little bubba is growing up quickly.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I