Friday, 21 November 2008
this week - it is my house still standing after a horrible week of storm cells hitting SE QLD :(
Of course it has been the week that Jase is away so I am left to mind the flooding farm, the house, bubs and the poor animals. I spent nearly 2 hours repairing our 500m long driveway that got washed away yesterday and then another storm hit last night and stuffed it again! BUT I am very grateful that my house is still intact unlike some poor peoples

I am also grateful for electricity! I have had two afternoons and two nights blacked out so far and man it makes you appreciate electricity. Especially since being on tank water, we need electricity to pump water into the house. So no power also equals no running water - mucho sucko.

After seeing gum trees falling down around the house yesterday and being so frightened that my hands were shaking - today I am grateful to be safe and to have gotten through unscathed. I will also be grateful for having my dear husband home for a little old fashioned support and hugs :)

I am off to check if the poor koala managed to hang onto her tree through the storm. Here is a radar shot of what passed over us (the first of two storms last night) - only it was mostly black when it went over here. We lost the power before it even got here!

2 comments:

Simone said...

i love storms and miss them a lot but this one sounded pretty nasty. not something exciting at all.

glad your house is still in tact though.

Amy said...

Thanks Simone :)

Yeah summer storms are lovely and I can totally understand why you miss them.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I