Tuesday, 7 July 2009
Blog This Challenge for This Week
Tell us fifteen facinating, far fetched, frightening, funny or frivilous facts about yourself. Those bits of trivia that are floating around in your life.

Can you eat 10 burgers in one sitting? Do you sleep with your eyes open? Can you tie a cherry stalk into a knot? Speak 5 different languages?

All those things that you've bored your friends and family with for years - We want to know.

  1. I am lactose intolerant. I hated milk all my life and always wondered why ice cream made me sick, but it took until I was 22 to work it out. I now love soy milk.
  2. I grew up in the Hinterland behind Byron Bay - I remember when it was a quiet little hippy town and the Main Beach was my baby beach where I played in the sand nude. I can't believe what the Bay is like now - its a mini-Sydney with so many yuppies.
  3. I do not relax... ever! I cannot sit still or not do three things at once. I refuse to nap during the day, even when I had a newborn. I figure life is too short and I will rest when I am dead.
  4. Similarily, I dont like weakness or people who give up easily. If I can't do something, then I just try harder until I can. As a result, I hated being told I couldn't do things when I was pregnant - this was made doubly annoying by also being told to rest all the time LOL.
  5. I don't really like talking on the phone, even as a teenager I didn't like it - I get bored. I much prefer to talk to my friends face to face.
  6. My favourite author is Jane Austen. I love her wit.
  7. I can't handle having neighbours that are close to me. I get upset if people can see me in my backyard. I lived in the suburbs for seven years during my uni years and hated it.
  8. I can sense snakes - I can often tell when a snake is nearby.
  9. I also dream things before they happen. They are always bad news though unfortunately.
  10. I don't use my title of Dr very often. I worry that people will think I am a MD Dr and want me to answer boring medical questions or resuscitate someone.
  11. I am the worst ironer I know. I simply refused to use an iron for 10 years or so. When I was a full time stay at home mum for 7 months or so, I tried to iron Jase's shirts for him. He often had to redo them before putting them on.
  12. I am also a crazy cook - I never really follow recipes. I show Jase the food I cook in the pan or dish before I serve it up as I tend to destry food when dishing it up. Most things end up looking like mush.
  13. I like to treat the house to flowers. Most weeks I make sure that there are fresh flowers in our lounge room.
  14. I love animals and can't imagine my life without having pets. My charity is the RSPCA and aminal mistreatment stories make me very angry. If I saw someone mistreating an animal, I think I would try to hurt them.
  15. I love Japan - I have been there three times and we have been thinking about going again soon. It is a fascinating culture. I got to live there for five weeks and work in a Japanese laboratory - it was the best work trip I have even done. The Japanese government paid for me and also gave me massive amounts of spending money. I saved most of it as I found it easy to live there cheaply and spent it on duty free extravagances on the way home. That was very fun shopping as I was a poor uni student at the time!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

You do like to keep busy. Even watching you in the lab made me exhausted.

Rebecca said...

great list! totally agree about the beaches near bryon...
good to get to know you :)

Bee said...

I too get very very mad about animal mistreatment. We adopted a severely abused cat when I was younger, she was strangled and her voice box was crushed, as was her windpipe, so she couldn't actually meow. She was wild when we got her, but turned in to the most loving and beautiful pet ever, who just loved to be around people and with people all the time. I miss her a lot :(

Amy said...

Lol Lyds!

Thanks Bec - glad you understand what I mean about Byron..

Aww Bethwyn - your story made me sad but happy at the same time. Poor puss cat but she was lucky too, to get your love and care

xox

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I