Sunday, 25 October 2009

Image from Flickr by Christopherlevy


I heard Summer today. The sound of the sun beating down on the crunchy grass, the crickets sawing and the baby magpie demanding a feed. I love Australian Summers expecially on the land. The heat, the endless blue skies, the birds - it all reminds me that its nearly Christmas - time for family, relaxing, holidays, beach trips and lots of cold fruit and BBQ's.

I am looking forward to Christmas time. I am planning some holidays to relax at my parents gorgeous farm. Mum goes all out at Christmas - the house and gardens always look amazing and she cooks for weeks in advance. I adore Christmas shopping - wandering around finding lovely gifts to spoil my loved ones. I love picking our real Christmas tree out and the fresh pine smell it brings into the house. Elka is going to love Christmas and all the trappings.

We went to the first pool party/BBQ of the season last night and it was great fun. I have started buying lots of fun Summer dresses. I am ready for it now :)

2 comments:

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

It is so funny to hear you talk of summer and Christmas together. Here Christmas is freezing and snow covered, and we revel in the snuggly warmness of our houses and baking cookies. Someday I will have to experience Christmas pool parties and BBQ's. It sounds mesmerizing. Happy early holidays.

Danielle

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to summer too! Love the warmer weather it really makes me feel alive and happy :)

Although I am not looking forward to christmas shopping :|

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I