Saturday, 31 October 2009
So I have been dragging my sorry sick butt around recently - enjoying the delights of early pregnancy such as gagging at all smells and thoughts of smells and experiencing tiredness so intense even your bones are tired. But one of my best friends is getting married soon.. in Hawaii.. and we are waiting to hear whether we are coming into some money. If this money eventuates, well then Jase and I are on the plane, sarongs packed, as fast as you can say "Nanny and Poppy, could you please mind Elka?" I really really want to be at this wedding but current finances are very tied up with our house extension and me needing another batch of maternity leave. So at the moment I am just hoping and wishing and tearing my guts out with guilt that I possibly won't be there on one of my friends most important days.

In the meanwhile, I have just found out that her Australian hens night is scheduled for 4 weeks time. Arrgh! I want to make it as special as possible for her as she organised my amazing hens night that was touching, beautiful and wild and fun all at the same time. So hence me needing to snap out of the pregnancy funk of eating reluctantly, working, grumping about being fat and falling into bed.

Did I mention that the hens night is in another state and that the hen is a party girl from way back and was even an events planner in glamorous old Sydney.. so she has some high expectations. Urrghh please please if you are reading this - leave some hens night games/experiences that you have loved in the comments :)

I have started trying to tidy myself up... got to book a hair appointment to fix my 2.5 inch long roots and to shape my eyebrows again. I have pulled together a hopefully passable going out in Sydney glamourous outfit, that suitably shows enough skin to blend in but also hides my chubby belly bump that unfortunately currently just makes me look thick through the middle. But how to survive the looooong night of teetering around in heels to noisy clubs when I can't have a drop of sparkling and I am normally tucked up in bed by 9pm? Hmm haven't quite worked that one out but am hoping adrenaline, guilt and a sense of duty will get me through!

Oh how I am hoping the worst of the illness will have passed by then!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Awww....pregnancy. Gotta love it :P

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better by the hens night! I'm sure you will :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I