Saturday, 17 April 2010
So last year I painted our bedroom (twice but that is another story!) and I love the deep maroon against our dark antique furniture and black chandelier - its very romantic and cosy. However, I really wanted some artwork to finish it off....

Its a difficult bedroom to hang art in - one whole wall is built in cupboards with sliding doors, another wall has the folding doors for the walk-in-robe and a very imposing antique chest of drawers, another wall has a huge window and the wall that our bed head is up against has a fantastic wall light makes it difficult to hang anything above the bed (oh and the wall has an air conditioner as an eyesore too!).

However, a lazy flip through a catalogue the other day revealed two canvases that would work perfectly. So off I waddled to grab them on the first day of the sale and I am quite pleased with them! This is when I point out that we are only likely to remain in this bedroom as our Master bedroom for only another 4 or so months as we are building a new Master bedroom (so I have to choose paint colours and artwork all over again - arrgghhh!!)...

But in the meanwhile I can enjoy them for myself and then be happy that when it becomes our Guest bedroom that it will look nice and finished :)

2 comments:

whitesilkpurse said...

Lovely!

Mel said...

Perfect! They fit in so well without taking away from the rest of the room - accent rather than overpower. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I