Wednesday, 11 March 2009
Flickr - overlydramatic


Not much blogging going on - have had our lovely best couple friends staying with their gorgeous 6 month old bub. It has been so nice and Elka loved having a little live in friend!

Then work has been hectic as always but Elka has had another good 2 days at daycare - learning new tricks again! This week she has learnt the moves to Open/Shut Them and blows kisses. Her standing is also getting stronger and she can balance a little bit without holding on.

I love finishing work and rushing the two blocks to pick up Elka from daycare. It is the best feeling to sweep her up into my arms and know that I have five straight days of hugging her.

I normally start Wednesdays with an early grocery shop - its a good way to get my head around the change from busy career woman to at home mum. Elka loves smiling at everyone and we make many new friends. Today with the cyclone off the coast, we had a gorgeous cosy cool morning with stready drizzly rain. I was feeling very content. The lady in the bakery section went specially into the kitchens and packaged up hot cross buns fresh from the oven for me. The smell and the warmth was just the best with the rain outside.

Its one of those days where I am very thankful for all that I have and where I am in life.

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I