Wednesday, 18 March 2009

Jase and I were just sitting chatting whist ELka played between us this evening. We were both just watching her stand against the lounge.... when all of a sudden she turned and took two steps towards me!! Unsupported all by herself! I caught her and was just mouth open, staring at Jase to see if he saw too. Which he did!

I got all teary realising we just shared that amazing moment - her first steps. And Elka loved all the fuss and proceeded to continue taking one or two steps for the next half an hour - just to prove it wasn't a one off!

I didn't expect it yet - she is only 9 months, two days and although she has been furniture cruising and walking lots with her toy walkers, I assumed that she was still a long way off. She is also starting to go from sitting to standing without holding onto anything so I guess she is getting strong.

I am just so pleased that Jase got to be there for it. I am one happy mum right now :) My god they grow up quickly!

7 comments:

Camarli said...

OMG, Congrats. Soon you will be chasing her around the paddocks !

Elissa said...

Awwwww that is the sweetest thing!!

Anonymous said...

Wow - go Elka! That is incredible walking at 9 months, what a smart little girl :)

Leila said...

Aww congratulations!

Amy said...

Thanks guys! Shocked me so much! She is still doign it today so I am not imagining it LOL

Sharon said...

WOW. Good one Elka!

Kirrily said...

Wow! Go Elka!!!
Congratulations Amy! She'll be riding horses before you know it!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I