Sunday, 1 March 2009
I am sitting here in front of the air con with legs that are so sore and heavy I dont think I can get off the lounge... symptoms of a big weekend! For me big weekends normally mean horse competitions and today was the first comp back for 2009.

It involves plenty of time on the Saturday washing, plaiting, grooming, trimming, packing and organising and then an early start Sunday and then hours of work and riding in the boiling hot sun in stifling clothes - today was a top of 37 degrees. Truly it is fun! Its challenging, its exciting, its social and it is just something I have always loved and done. Horse people understand - it's in the blood and impossible to ignore.

I am blessed with an amazing husband who organises the 4WD, parks the float better than me and most of all babysits Elka the whole time. I love seeing him kicking back on his chair in the shade reading his paper and rocking Elka in the pram. He is always there for me. Elka adores the horses and was a perfect baby despite the heat.

Spech was calm and quiet considering its his first comp after about 5 months off. However, his canter work needs work and my half halts are not as strong as they should be. Things to work on before our big dressage comp coming up in three weeks...But we did well - as usual with hacking, the judge fell in love with him. We won our Presentation Class and I was also given first place in the Rider class - which is the most important class to me. My riding skills are a matter of pride to me.

Here we are sporting the delightful uniform of my club (yellow and brown - blrugh!)


Now to enjoy the remnants of the weekend. Having work on mondays and tuesdays takes some getting used to - I have appointments and car maintenance to sort and interstate guests coming from Thursday - going to be a busy week!

1 comments:

Camarli said...

Congrats Amy and Spech on your successful weekend of Competition.
Hope there is many more blue rosettes to come.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I