Thursday, 27 August 2009
It's been a busy week as usual around here with visitors, crazy work and errands to run etc but I am counting down now until this weekend - its my friends wedding and as I have posted previously Jase and I have a lovely hotel room in the city sans toddler and I have a pretty cocktail dress to wear. Can't wait! I am all tidied up - have had my hair done, eyebrows shaped and have even bought some of the individual fake eyelashes that I used for my wedding and loved. Looking forward to getting dressed up and not having to worry about ending up wearing streaks of mushed banana or tomato sauce from the little monster :)

In the meanwhile I am enjoying my non-work days, meeting up with a friend, some shopping for summer clothes for Elka tomorrow and my parents are arriving to be the live-in babysitters :)

SE QLD has forgotten that its winter here and has bypassed Spring and jumped into Summer it seems - we have had a couple of above 33 degree days already and more to come. So its Summer fashion all the way. To think I desperately shopped for the perfect stockings, cardigan and pashmina for my cocktail dress as I thought I would get cold! Now all I need is some sunblock for my bare shoulders!

In the meanwhile, I am in love with the new bandage skirt styles that are cropping up in the magazines. Thank you As Seen In as usual for providing me with pics to drool over :)


Funky yet elegant at the same time - love it!

1 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oooooh, I love the bandage styles. Would love to trip over a bucket of money so I could buy a Herve Leger, but think I'll have to check out these options instead!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I