Sunday, 15 November 2009
We have worked all year without Jase taking any rec leave so we decided he deserved a few days off. So we had Thurs-Fri off and headed to my parents beautiful farm in the Byron Bay Hinterland. Its green, lush and so relaxing. The house is timber with huge verandahs and beautiful views to the National Parks ranges and to the coast (you can see the Byron lighthouse at night). The chickens and horses are there for pats and feeds, there are koalas and wallabies to admire. I feel my tensions falling away when I stay there. Not to mention my lovely parents who make every visit feel special and full of nice things to do and yummy food!

I especially enjoy watching Elka play with her beloved Nanny and Poppy. She literally ran to both of them for big hugs when we got there. Its a wonderful rest for me and I love seeing them soaking up their time together. They had lots of toys saved up from my childhood for Elka to play with - they certainaly don't build them like that anymore!

We spent a lovely day at Byron Bay where Elka got herself completely drenched in her only change of clothes so we had to buy her a tourist T-shirt to wear LOL. Well Poppy had to buy her one since he was responsible for her falling headfirst into the water (and he dragged her out by her ankle as he didnt want to put his shoes down from his other hand - great work Poppy!). I am constantly amazed at how Byron Bay and Bangalow have changed since I was a child, they are different places now. But I don't dwell on the changes - I just try to appreciate the lovely shops and nice cafes for what they are and hope that at least the hinterland area will stay relatively quiet and not become crazy-touristey.....

Its nice to be home now - I have had a rough week of sickness unfortunately and today my boobs have decided to behave like they did when my milk came in - ouch! And not so comfortable in 33 degree heat!

Now Mum and I are planning our next Day Spa day - cant wait!! Jase is treating me to an hour pregnancy massage - ooh bliss and I am going to get a few other treatments too since I can't use all the plunge pools and spa's in the Bath House...

Maybe the thought of that will get me through the hectic week of work that is fast approaching. How to hide my huge belly too! I am 12 weeks on Friday - wow! But still a week and a half until my NT scan so I am not keen to tell work just yet.... Hmm where did I put my loose tent clothes ;)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time - I would love to visit Byron Bay one day.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I