Thursday, 19 November 2009
I love living in a semi-rural location - the people are just not as rushed or as rude as the city. Since I work in the city, I get to see both ends of the spectrum most days. Driving in the city areas is pretty nasty stuff these days - but out on our country road I find myself relaxing and letting people in or giving them lots of room for an easy merge and I nearly always get an appreciative wave.

I often stop on the way home from work to pick up milk etc at a lovely little country supermarket/greengrocers. I am normally juggling milk, fruit and a toddler and often the person in front of me will smile and wave me through the check out first. I think that is so thoughtful and the gift of that persons time is very much appreciated by me.

I also find that grocery shopping up at our village - I will quite often have someone offer to return my trolley since I am trying pull Elka, her water bottle and everything else out and into the car. When I mentioned this to my Mum she commented that its sort of a country thing that everyone takes the time to return their trolleys anyway, let alone a strangers as well!

And the other day whilst getting petrol, the lady sales assistant came rushing over to say hello to Elka and to offer her a lollipop (OK points here for being so lovely - but I wasn't too keen on Elka eating the lollipop -which got stuck in her hair and thrown out hehe).

I just want to make sure that in my hectic days, I also take the time to make those small gestures to other people. Letting someone ahead of you at the checkout that has a small child or has less groceries than you... or helping someone in need load their car etc, even letting someone in front of you at an intersection when driving with a wave. I am definitely going to try to fill my days with some good karma!

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I