Friday, 27 November 2009
Before we get hooked into the Christmas spending, we have to purchase our next years worth of hay first. We normally buy 100 bales and get it delivered by a truck - this is a costly exercise - over $1000 but much cheaper than trying to buy hay in small amounts through winter when it is out of season.

So I am currently waiting for the truck to arrive -the shed is tidied and waiting. Packing 100 bales of hay safely so it doesn't fall or combust is tricky and will have to wait for Jase to get home from work as I am not allowed to hoik them around now that I am pregnant. In the meanwhile - they can be thrown out onto the driveway at the entrance of the shed and for once I will be hoping for no rain - at least for today!

I had my NT scan yesterday and bubs is looking pretty perfect as are my risk stats. A nice relief. The 12 week scan is lovely as bubs is so little that they fit on the screen but you can still see all the little body parts - amazing stuff.

Now.. I head to Sydney for hens weekend tomorrow - I have clothes organised that are relatively slimming for the bump but I am still battling the nausea and the dizziness is getting worse so its going to be a demanding trip to be in a party mood the whole time. I will do my best!

3 comments:

Katy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

... fall or combust? Geez, be careful with that stuff. Don't pack it near the phosphorus.

Yay for a great NT scan. Now you can start counting down until the 18 week scan.

Enjoy your hens weekend and your mocktails. Tell her I said congratulations.

Amy said...

Thanks Katy!

LOL Lyds - its like mid-30 degrees here at the moment and the shed is easily 10 degrees warmer in the middle of the day - as a result the hay can heat from the inside and catch fire if its not packed to have ventilation around and under it. THere was a huge hay fire in Victoria recently like that.

I will tell Dana for you :) xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I