Thursday, 3 December 2009
I am a happy girl and not just because I survived my hens weekend in Sydney - I even managed to dance the night away and not look a teeny bit pregnant. Great fun to let my hair down but a few glasses of bubbles wouldn't have gone astray!

No I am blessed this time because I have been granted a wonderful promotion at work - I have advanced a whole level which now makes me a senior scientist rather than just "scientist". Well its important to me ;) especially as it has taken most people there about 10 years to get to that level and I have done it in three. So I am definitely glowing at the moment - its nice to be good at what you do and love it too. Not only that - but the promotion is being back paid - so we will eventually get a lovely couple of lump sum payments, not to mention the increased pay rate will be very welcome during my maternity leave at half pay. Life was good anyway and we are so blessed in our life so this is just a very tasty cherry on top.

To add to my good mood, my nausea is finally lifting - I have not had to eat every 2 hours today just to stop from gagging - whoohoo! And my parents arrive today and Dad is babysitting Elka tomorrow so that Mum and I can have our Day Spa day - can't wait! Bring on the massages and pampering :)

I wish and hope everyone has moments like this xoxo

4 comments:

Lydia said...

Congratulations Amy, what great news. I'm willing to bet that you've put in more time and effort in 3 years than those other people have in 10, so your promotion is well deserved.

So glad to hear that you had a great time at your hens night, plus you can now enjoy massages now you are in the second trimester. Have a great weekend.

Sars said...

Thats great Amy, does that mean you are off to Hawaii? Hope the massages are lovely!

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Congratulations on your well-deserved promotion! What a lovely start to the festive season.

Teneal said...

Congrats on the promotion, how fantastic!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I