Monday, 28 December 2009
I throughly enjoyed staying with my parents and I know Elka loved it - what 18 month old toddler doesn't like endless adoration and attention!

We cooked Christmas cookies, chocolate crackles, decorated Christmas fruit cakes and did all manner of festive things. Elka developed a strong obsession with Santa - he was mentioned all day everyday, we had to visit him numerous times and all Christmas decorations and songs were accompanied with her bright little voice yelling "SANTA!!".

Well Santa lived up to his golden status by delivering her a see-saw and new textas etc. She then went onto to be very spoiled with our under the tree presents including a barbie lap-top (HUGE success - she loves it and has learnt letters since using it!), toy moving horse and a newborn doll.

Jase and I trying to clear a path through Elka's present carnage whilst Elka concentrates on the important things!


I also got very spoilt with my lovely hubby saving my best pressie till the very end - handing me a little box in which I unwrapped a gorgeous diamond necklace! When he explained the significance of what he had chosen I was even more touched. It is two concentric diamond circles and he said it represented me being pregnant and carrying our children. Awww. Not only that but its beautiful and sparkly ;) Big brownie points to Jase.

The day finished with way too much eating of our traditional hot lunch (turkey, lamb roast and ham followed by a devine Strawberry Hazelnut Gateau - very excessive!)

We decided to head home to check on the farm and to make sure the heavy cyclonic low rains hadn't done too much damage. Then enjoying the freedom of holidays with no plans, we hit the boxing day sales (oh yes I got some bargains including a new Seafolly bikini, Napoleon make-up, a silk caftan from Bardot and some boring but useful maternity tank tops from Kmart) and stayed at our beach house enjoying the cosy rain and a delicious dinner out at our favorite resort.

Yep its been a good festive season so far.

Being pregnant and with a toddler, needless to say we have minimal plans for New Years Eve but I am looking froward to the week of holidays we still have left with very little besides catch-ups with friends planned.

1 comments:

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas Amy! Love the pic of Elka feeding the pony, too cute!

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I