Friday, 15 January 2010

So is it a boy or a girl in that 20 week bump?




I am happy to annouce that Elka will be getting a little sister for her 2nd birthday! I am really pleased - I love the image of raising two girls and having never had a sister, I have always wanted one! I hope they will have a close bond.

The scan was beautiful - bubs is so sweet, little hiccups and gorgeous little feet and hands. The sonographer put it on live 4D for awhile - WOW its like putting a camera in there! We have some beautiful shots of her pretty little face in 4D. Cant wait to meet her!

But believe it or not but we have already been asked numerous times if we are now going to try for a third to try and get a boy!!! *** OK please excuse the rant*** I can't believe people - we wanted two CHILDREN, not matching bookends. I am so happy and feel so blessed to have healthy babies. And I have babies to make a family not to please myself fulfilling sex sterotypes of pink/blue or trucks and dolls. We live on a farm - Elka already wears leather riding boots and pushes a little wheelbarrow - we don't raise girly girls, so hopefully Jase won't feel too outnumbered lol! So yeah in case you were wondering - we are only having two kids - so this is our little family :)

Now to stress about a name for this little girl!! I want something as special as Elka but that is not too "you-neke" or that she will have to spell out for the rest of her life. Arrggh! At the moment French names are jumping out at me... but who knows really!

9 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

oh Amy, that is fantastic news! Congratulations to you, Jase and Elka!!! How exciting!

Good luck thinking of a name and annoying Jase with the possibilities ;)

xoxo

Kellyansapansa said...

Sisters are the best thing in the world. Congratulations to you all!

life and the memoirs said...

Great news! Congratulations. I bet you won't be able to stop thinking about 'her' now. Best of luck with the naming process :)

Sars said...

Yay can't believe I nearly missed this, so excited for u Hun, 2 beautiful girls is just perfect! People r never happy I always get comments still that I must be so thrilled to have my pigeon pair....umm no I'm just thrilled to have two healthy lovely kids actually!!!

See u soon xo

Kylie G said...

cute bump! and congrats on your news!

Deb said...

Your bump is gorgeous Amy :)

I could think of nothing cuter then 2 little girls. I am very biased though ;)

Good luck finding the perfect name. I don't envy you!

Lux Oz Stays Gals said...

For a name...Isla? Sofia? Okay, I'll butt out!

Congrats the bump is cute.

Amy said...

Thanks so much guys!

Girl With a Suitcase - no suggestions are great - I actually love both of those but can't use them (in particular my cousin is called Sophia! doh!)

xoxoxo

Lydia said...

That is wonderful news. Funny how people think that gender is the only thing that defines children. Glad that everything looked good on the scan.

Good luck picking out the name. Over here people have some lovely French names, like Veronique or Elenora. Better pick something that most Australians can pronounce - I still can't pronounce my boss's name properly.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I