Monday, 11 January 2010
Just had a call from my mum - its been a while since I have been on the receiving end of some bad family news but here it was.

My dad has been diagnosed with a melanoma on his back - he didn't hear what stage it was thanks to the phone crackling (he thinks it was 1 or 2) We are all hoping for 1 of course. He has to go in to have a big hunk of his back cut out next week and then they will know more.

Its not terrible news yet but its enough to scare us all of course. So I am desperately thinking positive thoughts and crossing my fingers that its been picked up nice and early. Losing Jase's uncle to melanoma a few years ago and an old school friend about 10 years ago does not leave me with the greatest feeling of course.

Its going to be a painful wait for next week for all of us :(

8 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

Oh Amy, that is a scare! I have everything crossed for your dad

xoxo

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Oh boy. Everything is crossed. I am thinking of you and hoping for good news. xx

Kellyansapansa said...

I'm so sorry to hear that, but stay positive - there are lots of positive thoughts being sent your way.

carly said...

as what they have said. positive thoughts for you xx

and everything is crossed x

Amy said...

Thanks for your thoughts everyone. I am hoping next week hurries up! sigh!

Deb said...

Oh Amy, I'm so sorry to hear. I really hope the week goes extra fast for you.
*Big Hug* coming your way.

Mel said...

Amy, sending positive thoughts your Dad's way - it is scary, but hopefully they've caught it soon enough.

Sars said...

So sorry hon i will be thinking of you all pray it's good news take care xo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I