Saturday, 13 March 2010

Kicked off 28 weeks with an obs appointment - have passed my gestational diabetes test which was pleasing. But also found out that I am measuring 3 weeks ahead - I started measuring ahead with Elka in the 30 weeks so seems I am in for another big out there tummy! Have been copping plenty of comments and jokes about twins so its obviously not going unnoticed...

But slightly worrying was the obs face when I walking in wearing a fitted top, he immediately started rifling through my file. Turns out he was checking Elka's birth weight and he then proceeded to comment, "oh she was a bit big for you and needed a lot of help" (trust me I remember Mr Obs, I was there!). So it now I am a little concerned about the size of this bub. Oh well - only one way to find out if she will fit out lol.

Otherwise doing well. Strong braxton hicks that don't let up despite moving (the books always say to walk to get them to go away hummpph). I had to relent and buy a sexy pressure bandage for my leg with the varicose vein as its swelling and so painful.

Have finally organised my maternity leave - taking 9 months, same as last time - all with pay which is nice. Hoping to work until almost 37 weeks - will see how that pans out but I get so bored at home, it keeps me sane to think I have more time at work. Also have two research grants to finish and write up and new staff members to train so I need as much time as I can get..

Bubs has taken to pressing out limbs in the same place over and over which ends up bruising me making it extra painful. She is also currently breech which explains all the kicks to the cervix I have been getting! She is very strong - surprisingly so - I dont remember Elka being quite so strong this early. Hmm seems I breed them big and tough ;)

My weight gain is still more than last time - currently put on 9-10kgs which is way more than last time but I am still blaming the big tummy ;) I do have a terrible sweet tooth at the moment, trying to make sure I satisfy it mostly with fruit but its not always the way!

Hehe on that note, am off to eat my creme caramel dessert....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't resist in saying what a beautiful baby belly, I am jealous!

Kellyansapansa said...

Mmm - creme caramel! You look fantastic and I"m glad to hear things are going well for you. xx

Sars said...

Aww beautiful Amy, great to hear the update sounds lovely, i need to email you soon when i get a chance! Take care

BB said...

Gosh I wish I looked that good at 28 weeks (straining to remember!).
:-)
BB

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I