Wednesday, 31 March 2010

Wow in the 30's now! And counting ;)
Pretty sore and sorry for myself - I often struggle to walk as I am getting pretty strong Braxton Hicks and my sciatic nerves are playing up. Not sleeping. Fairly hormonal and cranky. Oh yeah glowing totally.

The obs started using terms like "tight fit" and "bigger than Elka" which is a little worrying as Elka was ahem not easy to get out (included the obs falling backwards as the vacuum broke with him pulling so hard). I am now measuring 4 weeks ahead - so technically am dragging around a 34 week belly - and don't I feel like it!

But bubs is just so darn cute kicking and punching away, jumping at loud noises and playing with Jase poking her. Jase can also put his ear on my belly and hear her heartbeat wooshing away - that is gorgeous - makes me wish I could do it too but I will never be that flexible!

I am struggling to fit much food in these days, my tummy must be pretty squashed. Also having trouble carrying Elka now - there is no where for her knee to grip to. Work is getting increasingly difficult - spending so much time on my feet seems to be encouraging the backache and Braxton Hicks.. but at the same time its a nice distraction. Being at home with Miss Toddler is actually far harder on me and my veins are so swollen on those days - the obs has prescribed me some special pressure stockings (oh yep pregnancy is sexy) to wear for that. Thankfully it might get cool enough here soon to actually be able to wear them! Although its still almost 30 degrees during the day so maybe not!

Am alternating between thinking she will come early and that she is going to leave me frustrated and overdue! Its exciting having no idea just how its all going to happen!

I have nested in the new nursery/spare room and bubs now has half the built in cupboards for her clothes, so I can start unpacking the massive boxes of stored baby clothes from Elka and cluck away folding them into the drawers which will be great...

Not much left to buy - just the IKEA change table/bookshelf combo that we want (same as what Elka has and we love it) and a laundry hamper!

Of course once the house extensions are done I have to paint the new nursery and give her a beautiful room like Elka has... am tossing up a colour scheme of Tiffany blue and white...

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I