Thursday, 25 March 2010
It is official I have lost control of my emotions. The same thing happened last pregnancy too. I all of a sudden became incapable of dealing with any stress or conflict and my head would just explode.

In this case, it is trying to organise all the different things needed for the house extension. Poor Jase can't handle my stress and my lack of ability to keep what needs being done straight in my head. I think he has realised that I am a big bloated stressed blob of uselessness and he is more or less on his own, poor thing!

Its the funniest thing - I think it is part of my nesting, but my mind doesn't want to deal with anything that bothers me or is stressful... all I want to do is think about family stuff and planning for the baby etc. I marveled at it in my last pregnancy - its a scary thing feeling hormones take over your entire mind!

Still it kind of works out, as Jase is much less preoccupied with planning for the little ones etc, so he is better to deal with banks, builders and contracts and I am the one making sure that we have bedding, capsules and breast pads ready. Hmmm I would like to think that our duties are equally worthy... but either way I really appreciate all of his hard work (now I just need to show it!)

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I think house renovations would be enough to drive anyone up the wall. You focus on getting everything ready for that new little girl, and Jase can take care of the boring bits.

britt@absolutealaia said...

I think we need that coffee...STAT!

Amy said...

Sounds good Alaia!

aww thanks Lyds xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I