Saturday, 2 April 2011
Life has been full and distracting and I haven't had the energy to lift the lid on the laptop and type anything.

But tonight I have a glass of wine and a quiet bedroom to sit and reflect and update.

First of all - check out Miss B on the move and into everything! Gosh can't believe she is 10months old and I have to start planning her first birthday!


We have been primarily fixated on hosting our combined 30th birthday party. Which was lovely - we were blessed with special old friends who put in the effort to fly interstate to celebrate with us. The weather was great, our extension the perfect place to host a party and everything went smoothly. It was fantastic to celebrate and strange in some ways to have so many new and old friends all there at once.Once I got Bronte to sleep and some of the millions of kids had left, I got to relax with plenty of bubbly and enjoy the antics of karoke (from everyone else). I paid for the lack of sleep the next day but was oh so worth it.

This was quickly followed by a crazy week at work, Jase heading off for most of the week on an interstate trip and me juggling the two girls including Miss B with a throat infection. I decided to head down to the family beach house, which sounded like a great idea but proved to a fair effort as unlike a lot of people, having a farm full of animals, you have to make sure all the animals are stocked with feed, water and safe beds if you are leaving them. All good and well except when you are juggling two kids, inclduing a sick clingy little one and also have all of their junk to pack (seriously how much stuff do kids need for a trip away! And you need pack almost as much for one night away as you do for a week!). But I made it.. and it rained and rained and rained. So we did some pretty damp shell collecting on the shore, played in the park with a towel to dry everything off and spent more than our fair share of time shopping (post on purchases to come).

We have enjoyed one lovely sunny peaceful day back here at the farm with Jase, before I have to drag my sick sorry self (thanks Miss B!) down to Canberra tomorrow for a four day work trip. Jase gets to discover the joys of being the spouse stuck at home trying to work and look after the girls whilst the other partner is wining and dining on a work trip. I get back Wednesday night and then have to load the kids into the car on Thursday and drive them the 2 hours to my parents to leave them for Friday-Sunday whilst I drive the 5 hours to Tamworth to visit my best friend. Which of course I am very much looking forward to - we have a girls night planned as well as some hours in shops. At the same time, Jase is back in Sydney for another trip.

After the 7 hours of road trip on the Sunday, I have the joys of work to look forward to, but the end of that week will be fun as the Friday is Jase's 30th Birthday and the girls and I have some pretty big (surprise) plans for him. He has the day off work and has no idea what he is in for (and no clues here since I know he reads!). Then his parents arrive on the Saturday to spend the weekend..

I am looking forward to the weekend after that, as it is the Easter long weekend and we have no major plans besides the beach house, so we can finally spend some relaxed time together as a family.

Busy times in this household. Hope your April is going to be a good one!

2 comments:

Karla said...

I'd been wondering how you were :) All sounds hectic but lots of good times too. Have fun in Canberra and on your girly weekend!

Mel said...

I can't believe how big Miss B has gotten! And look at her getting into everything - cheeky monkey!

Glad you had a great party - sorry we couldn't make it up for it! Sounds like your world is about as hectic as ours at the moment - ours just has a little less travel (thankfully!).

Hope you feel better soon and get the most out of your conference. Jealous of your girls weekend - hope you have a fab time. :)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I