Wednesday, 1 June 2011
As promised here are some pics from the girls shared Teddy Bear Picnic 1st and 3rd Birthday Party.

I complicated things terribly by deciding to take the horse to a cross-country event on the same day as the party, getting home less than 2 hours before the guests arrived. But in my defence, it is the best horse event held all year and is only an annual event, so I couldnt bare to miss it! I also spent the days before floating my parents horses interstate up to our farm to mind them whilst my parents are overseas for 2 months. So it was a busy time.. but we got the baking done, I got up early to decorate the cakes and Jase was fantastic at following my mental plan of the layout of the backyard to set up.

It went as perfectly as an event with 16 toddlers and a few babies can ever be! And my girls had a great time and were thoroughly spoiled. I felt blessed to have such wonderful friends and family and that I was literally able to have my cake and eat it too by indulging in my hobby of horse competitions and getting to throw a great party also.

And here are the photos :)

The party bags


Cupcakes and lamingtons that Elka helped make


My almost one year old!



The cakes


Blowing out candles with some help


Bronte's first taste of chocolate cake

7 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

Oh, it all looks beautiful - happy birthday to your two gorgeous girls x

Mel said...

Fantastic work Amy! Love the cakes and the girls look gorgeous in their dresses. Can't believe how big they're both getting! Our babies are 3 and our 2nd babies are getting so big too. Where has the time gone?!

Unknown said...

Looks like both the girls had a wonderful time. How did Bronte get so big so quickly. Happy birthday girls

Lydia said...

What a wonderful day. You guys make a beautiful family. Also, your hair looks fabulous - I think that style really suits you.

Mammamusing said...

Gorgeous cakes.

Happy birthday to your two lovely girls :)

Karla said...

Excellent effort!! Party days are exhausting let alone adding horsey events in the mix!!!

Leesa said...

Love the cakes Amy!! It all looked really good! BTW love the pic of you and Bronte. If it was me that was just getting home 2 hrs before the party I would be so frazzled. You look so calm and relaxed! Well done!!

Happy Birthday to Elka and Bronte <3

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I