Monday, 27 June 2011


Its been one of those weeks - where you burn the candle at both ends. I have been flat out at work, we have been preparing for Jase to take on a new acting position which will mean he is incredibly busy and won't be around at all and we have had some of our dearest friends visit from interstate with their little ones. Unfortunately, both Jase and I couldn't entirely step away from work for their visit, so Jase was attached to his Blackberry all the way around Australia Zoo and I was chained to the computer every night desperately crunching data for my conference presentation. We are existing on 6 hours sleep a night lately and life is just whizzing by - I couldnt believe a week had passed when I realised we had to buy groceries again. We have started ordering the groceries online and having them delivered - its been very useful. I still insist that we buy our fresh food from a greengrocer but that is a pleasant task that can be squeezed in. Oh the bliss of being able to put the kids to bed, cook dinner and chat whilst having our groceries dropped to the door so that we can have them put away without having to leave the house.

I leave for a week in Hobart for a work conference next Monday,looking forward to it as I have booked a gorgeous waterfront apartment. It will be SO cold but so nice. And sleep ins for the mornings and cocktail receptions and conference balls in the evenings - a nice change to the normal 5.30am pitch black starts and nights of freezing under floodlights rugging horses and juggling kids! I have a work trip the week after that too and Jase will basically be absent for those weeks also. We have a family holiday booked for September and Jase and I are planning a kid free weekend in August - I find the busy times are so much easier to get through when you have treats to look forward to.

I also love going away because I LOVE coming home again - I adore seeing my little ones faces after an absence. When I can't drink them up enough or can't hear their sweet voices too much. Miss Bronte has gotten so big all of a sudden - she plays with dolls, putting them to bed in blankets and pushing them around in strollers with Elka. All of a sudden, I have two little girls, not a toddler and a baby!
Look how grown up she is!

The girls loved our old friends visiting with their two little girls in close age. It was a strange feeling - our old dear uni friends,the ones we have done so many fun, crazy things with, were still just the same, like we see each other weekly not yearly like it is now but with our kids playing together?? wow when did that happen. But it was good strange - pretty special really.

And well that is life at the moment.... I am trying to fit in time to train Sam, my other (and now only!) horse. He is a diamond in the rough, needs a lot of work but I think we will get there, but that can be for another post..

And for now, I think sleep is the priority! xo

3 comments:

Amy said...

You are busy! I know you love being busy and you wouldn't live your life any other way- but make sure you are getting snippets of time for you, where you get recharged and feel ready to take it all on again.

How gorgeous is that photo!

Mel said...

My goodness Bronte has grown! I know what you mean about catching up with old friends and having your kids play together - we do the same now and its amazing how our priorities have changed! Like instead of having friends over and watching movies until 11pm, they're now leaving by 8pm so all the kids can be home and in bed - and that then means I can get to bed early too! LOL

I am still amazed at how much you fit into your life. Great to hear about all of your plans coming up - especially your couples weekend with Jase! Damo and I so need to do that soon.

And did I miss something? What happened to Spech? Hope all goes well with Sam, but would love to hear how all of that is going in another post.

Lydia said...

You do have a hectic life. Your trip to Hobart sounds very promising, I am very impressed how you two manage to balance all your priorities and still find time to squeeze in some kangaroo fun.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I