Sunday, 31 July 2011
Life is just stupid busy as always - Jase and I have our tag team parenting down pat. We compare our diaries and bargain for late nights at work or work trips interstate versus picking up the girls from daycare and putting the animals down for the night. We sit next to each other keeping each other company as we tap away on our laptops until late in the night getting extra work done, so much less of a chore when you have company. We order our groceries online, have a cleaner to help keep the house sparkly and swap weekend minding duties so that we can enjoy our own time for me to horseride, see friends or have beauty treatments and for Jase to work on the gardens, read the newspaper and so on. Its a great balance and we have it sorted.
But.... every now and then, the wheels can fall off the wagon. For me it has been over my best friend. We talk once a week on a Thursday evening - well, I have gotten to Saturday and all of a sudden realised that Thursday has been and gone and I have not phoned my friend, totally forgotten her in fact. Urrghh, not great. But not the end of the world, right? Well I have done it three weeks in a row. Each time assuring her that I will ring. Bad friend badge for me please.
It is quite a sickening feeling, when you realise you are so busy that you have lost track of two days of the week and all of a sudden Thursday lunchtime has become Saturday. Not only that, but you have totally forgotten someone dear to you.
So I remind myself that life is rich and full and every minute is packed with learning, laughs and challenges and dropping the ball is only human. I would take my busy life over the inanities of a hundrum quiet life anyday so its all worth it. Now to set my phone alarm for next Thursday....
But.... every now and then, the wheels can fall off the wagon. For me it has been over my best friend. We talk once a week on a Thursday evening - well, I have gotten to Saturday and all of a sudden realised that Thursday has been and gone and I have not phoned my friend, totally forgotten her in fact. Urrghh, not great. But not the end of the world, right? Well I have done it three weeks in a row. Each time assuring her that I will ring. Bad friend badge for me please.
It is quite a sickening feeling, when you realise you are so busy that you have lost track of two days of the week and all of a sudden Thursday lunchtime has become Saturday. Not only that, but you have totally forgotten someone dear to you.
So I remind myself that life is rich and full and every minute is packed with learning, laughs and challenges and dropping the ball is only human. I would take my busy life over the inanities of a hundrum quiet life anyday so its all worth it. Now to set my phone alarm for next Thursday....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
- Amy
- I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
Blogs I Love
-
-
-
The blog is closing5 months ago
-
Mr Squiggle, Canberra7 months ago
-
Hungry Hippos!1 year ago
-
RAFFLE4 years ago
-
-
Eleven6 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
Blue And White Kitchen Cabinets8 years ago
-
-
-
Dress and coat9 years ago
-
-
35 weeks, 35 books10 years ago
-
DIY \\ Giant pom pom chunky knit hat10 years ago
-
2015 – The Wrap10 years ago
-
Week 50 7.12 – 13.1110 years ago
-
Week 510 years ago
-
Welcome to Matilda's Life Stories...10 years ago
-
-
Road Wars (2015) Online streaming10 years ago
-
Cherchez la femme — Feminism and Birth11 years ago
-
-
teneal-thegirlmostlikely11 years ago
-
looking up11 years ago
-
Den længste dag (1962) Fuld Film Streaming11 years ago
-
The year with the Royal Family 201411 years ago
-
-
Best Wall Paint Colour Ireland11 years ago
-
2 years since my last update!11 years ago
-
Art Walk12 years ago
-
Europe Magic12 years ago
-
Lime Cheesecake in the Raw12 years ago
-
Close to two years on ...12 years ago
-
White Out12 years ago
-
Cheap Backpacks12 years ago
-
-
Metaphors are fun13 years ago
-
-
This is 4 and 11/12's: The Tooth Fairy13 years ago
-
Of Vice and Frenchmen13 years ago
-
Happy New Year!13 years ago
-
Christmas flea & a new venture...13 years ago
-
Life gets in the way13 years ago
-
Archer's Christening13 years ago
-
-
I know I am biased ....13 years ago
-
she had to get out14 years ago
-
Shopaholic14 years ago
-
Turning Thirty14 years ago
-
Miss Goodie Two Shoes custom orders14 years ago
-
-
Garden Mojo14 years ago
-
-
I confess...15 years ago
-
The time came15 years ago
-
stylish blogger award15 years ago
-
2010 Aria Awards Red Carpet15 years ago
-
You are in the wrong spot!15 years ago
-
Up, up and away!16 years ago
-
-
what a great day!16 years ago
-
Internet Habits16 years ago
-
Sorry.16 years ago
-
Where Am I??16 years ago
-
19 Minutes ... And counting!16 years ago
-
Grand Final Fever!16 years ago
-
Every once in a while . . .17 years ago
-
Happy 1st Birthday!17 years ago
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

1 comments:
It's awful, isn't it? I remember so many times meaning to get around to phoning or visiting someone, and then blinking and it's three months later and the opportunity has passed. Like you, it's something I want to get better about, making more time to care for others around me.
Post a Comment