Friday, 21 October 2011
So I am going to a special viewing of the movie "I Don't Know How She Does It" next week. It was a favourite book of mine, so I am hopeful that the movie will be fun.

It is about a career woman juggling family and her career, in the words of some reviewers, a woman "trying to have it all". Something, I can relate to and the book resonated with me for sure, particularly as her and her husband get spread incredibly thin between their two careers.

What made me laugh a little ironically, is that the pre-movie event starts at 6pm and I have been racking my brain on how to leave work early for the second time that week (can be near impossible depending on emergency work etc), juggle getting the kids home, feed the animals, hand the kids over for babysitting since Jase is on an interstate work trip and get to the venue in time to get my tickets and somehow not still be dressed in my work clothes. Somehow I am sure I will manage it but I am quite sure watching the main character perform similar juggling acts in the movie to varying success, will probably cut a little close to the bone!

2 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Years ago a lady told me about this book, while i was at the check out of a supermarket with 4 children. She straight up asked me if i worked & i said "i run my own design studio, my husband is always away with the Army, we move interstate every 2 years, i can't & don't want to work full time" & she said "good for you!!" It kind of sat in the back of my head for years & often say that exact speech, especially when people say "oh you'll go back to pharmacology" & i just know i won't. Right now he's overseas at war for 9 months, enough said, i'm happy at home & high school homework, OMG, huge!! I'd like to see the movie, i'm not a reader, happy to just watch!! Enjoy!! Love Posie

Lydia said...

I often wonder how you do it too. Sometimes I struggle with one baby and two cats, and I'm still on maternity leave. I honestly don't know how you balance everything so well.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I