Thursday, 7 June 2012
So I left home at 3am, June 2nd to catch my plane to the US for this work trip. When I snuck into my girls rooms to whisper goodbye to their angelic sleeping faces and stroke their warm soft hair one last time, I also silently wished my little Bronte a Happy Birthday.

As luck would have it, I had been booked to fly out on her birthday and so early I didn't get to spend any of it with her. I am sure I was sadder about it than she was, since it just meant she got two days of cake and fun, celebrating early with me and then Jase and Elka threw her a little celebration on her bday day.

So now I am trying to come to terms with the fact that the little cutie that is singing me twinkle twinkle over Skype is actually a two year old. Wow. But I think she will always be my baby, just like Elka will always be my special little first born.

My big girl
Unwrapping her helmet and bell for her big girl bike

She knew you had to blow but she was a bit keen and we hadn't had a chance to put the candles on yet!

Time for the real candle blowing out
Her bday "party" with Jase and Elka


Absolutely everybody comments on just how happy she is all the time. She is most definitely a little happy character with a devilish grin that no one can resist.

Happy Birthday my little one - can't wait to hug you as a 2 year old xo

1 comments:

Lydia said...

Happy Birthday Bronte! How lucky you are to have such a clever mummy. Enjoy your cake.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I