Sunday, 2 March 2008
Yep nothing like coming home to our peaceful little farm after a crazy work trip in sydney! Gosh it makes me realise how much I hate cities and suburbia and people and noise etc!!!

I am definitely over flying during pregnancy - its just so uncomfortable and people are so rude. I got no help with my carry on suitcase and I also had to help lift my work colleagues bags as she is under five foot and just cant reach overhead storage etc... not a person offered to help and I even had a fellow barge straight into my stomach which really hurt - gggrrr! At least the work part of the trip was interesting and the hotel was nice!

I was so happy to be surprised by hubby picking me up at the airport - so good to see him! And we raced home to meet my parents who were arriving to stay with us whilst they dropped off their cat and chickens for us to pet sit for the next month! So of course the usual visiting chaos ensued and we had a lovely roast dinner and catch up :)

After a gorgeous sleep in and a lazy wander around to check on all the animals we headed out for a nice breakfast out :) and finished with laptop shopping... we now own a nice new laptop - hurrah one that doesnt conk all the time and is big screened and pretty! But I still love my stupid mac even though the power supply is faulty and turns off all the time!

Now I am about to make some chicken soup for dinner, wash the horses and then have a rest :) I have tomorrow off from work and I am getting my hair done (yay for pampering!) and hubby is nagging me to go to a maternity store sale to buy some decent dressy work clothes that actually fit!! SO I will drag myself off for some retail therapy (i know tough!)...

life really is sweet :)
xoxoxox

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I