Friday, 30 January 2009
So.. I was watching Oprah the other day (yes I am a stay at home mum currently - how did you guess!) and they were challenging people to give up soft drinks for health and weight loss.

Now I am a bit of a health freak and we dont drink soft drink - in fact we barely drink anything other than water which is always awkward for when guests drop in! BUT since I started breastfeeding and looking after a bub through the night - I suddenly found that I just had to have a glass of ginger beer with dinner. I craved the sugar - it was an instant pick me up (I gave up coffee about 5 years ago and have since replaced the caffeine crave with wanting sugar instead). So for the last 7 months I have been drinking a glass a night.

Oprah got me thinking and I decided I didn't need that crutch of sugar anymore - Elka is sleeping through the night and I get more sleep than I ever did working. So about a week and a half ago, I gave up my dinner ginger beer and changed to soda water.

Yesterday I noticed how loose my shorts were - I went and weighed myself this morning and I have lost 2kgs in 1.5 weeks! Well there you go! Thank you Oprah! I wasn't really trying to loose weight, I just wanted to be healthier but hey I will take it ;)

Heres to healthy eating! (Had to share my gorgeous boy Ferdie!)

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I