Friday, 16 January 2009
Happy Birthday Baby Girl :)

Its been a busy month development wise for Elka. She got her two bottom teeth with minimum fuss. She has started crawling - mostly commando but she is also up on her knees rocking and throwing herself forward. The crawling is really getting her around - she can cover one side of the lounge room to the other pretty quickly now. My absolute favourite trick that she does now is, I sit on the floor and hold a cloth up in front of me and she comes scrambling over to pull the cloth off so that I can so boo to her. She cracks up. I just love hearing her crawling over as she huffs and puffs - its just so cute.

We had some strong seperation anxiety develop this month - for a few weeks I wasn't able to place her down or walk away even in the same room without her screaming and having huge tears :( But we seem to have passed the worst of that.

She stopped saying Mum Mum etc whilst there was so much family visiting over xmas but since it is just her and I again, she has started a lot of talking again. She loves to say mum mum and mama to me. Yesterday, she was all upset having a bath with Jase and she was looking for me and saying Mum, Mum, so I think she gets it. there are some other syllables that she is starting too but still no Dad despite my encouragement!

She has had more swimming - both in pools and the beach and seems to love it. She has also developed her mums ability to multi-task and loves racing around in her activty centre's walker with a rusk in one hand and her sippy cup in the other! Her playing is much more sophisticated now - she plays her tamborine properly with both hands and likes balls. I made her a Treasure Basket like I was shown at Mothers Group, with random things collected from around the house. She loves to sit there emptying the basket and expolring each thing in turn before getting the next thing out - guaranteed half an hour of quiet!

She has started eating meats as minces in with her vegies. I have enjoyed making new exciting mixes for her - she is eating a huge amount these days. She has started rusks and makes a great mess with them. I have introduced pasta into her vegies also. She is also going strongly with finger foods - she loves steamed sweet potato sticks, pieces of banana and slices of apple and nectarine (her favourite!).

She is sleeping wonderfully still - 12 hours straight at night, from 7pm till 7am. She is still taking her afternoon nap too so we are getting two 1.5hr sleeps and a 45 min nap each day. I think she will drop that afternoon nap soon though. She has also had her first bottle of formula (getting ready for me going back to work) and didn't seem to mind it.

She is a smiley settled little bub who delights at people giving her attention and loves all of the animals on our place particularly the cats, chooks and ducks! People are starting to comment on how "old" she is looking - more like a little girl rather than a baby.

Its been a blissful 7 months so far and I cant believe we are on the downhill to her turning one!!

Sippy cup drinking while playing - so much to do, so little time!


Playing alongside her best mate, Ferdie


Swimming with Daddy

2 comments:

Girly-Girl said...

That last shot is gorgeous, Elka is definitely an Aussie beach bubba.

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

What a clever little monkey.

She's so cute Amy. xx

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I