Thursday, 2 April 2009
My mum has been designing and sewing. She makes her own patterns, buys her fabrics directly from a lady who imports beautiful textiles for craft work and sews with love for her granddaughter. That makes the clothes pretty special. I think she is amazing and very talented.

I have mentioned that she might like to start up an Etsy store but she is not sure that she could sew with the passion that she does for her own family. She has been approached already to sell her designs as patterns for others to sew.

My photos dont so these beautiful clothes justice. The fabrics are so soft and breathe well - perfect for babies. She has two themes - english rose and japanese inspired, more of which is to come. Two themes that I love.


Flower dress. I love the princess bunched sleeves.



The patterns are wonderful together and Elka gets lots of comments when she wears this pant suit. There are pleats in the front of the top which haven't come up in the photo.


Quite unusual fabric and a lovely colour on Elka



Cute party dress - it has both belts on it in the pic - can either use the ribbon or the oversized rose. The bodice is dotted with beads.



So pretty and I love the ribbons on the legs of the knickers.

5 comments:

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Wow. Talented is an understatement. Let us know if she puts them up on Etsy. xx

Anonymous said...

Your mum is fantastic! All those outfits are utterly adorable! I love the cute bloomers in the last picture. She should definitely open up an etsy shop :)

Amy said...

Thanks guys :)

She is definitely leaning towards it - she wants to make outfits for people from scratch - so they can modify ribbon colours, fit, design etc

I will of course let everyone know if she does it :)

xoxo

Elissa said...

I have to agree, your mum is so very talented, and Elka is such a lucky granddaughter!

Deb said...

Your Mum definitely has talent Amy. I wish Jem was more a dress person but she hates that it inhibits her crawling. Little dresses are just so gorgeous! Your Mum should definitely set up a shop.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I