Thursday, 9 April 2009

We are off to stay with the in-laws for most of the weekend on the pretty mid-North Coast.. I am looking forward to seeing them enjoy Elka whilst I enjoy the free time! Unfortunately currently I am sick with one of those colds where I feel like I could crawl into bed for a day or two. Hmm not an option with a 9.5 month old! So a 5 hour car trip it is instead.

We are getting home to have a day and a bit here to get some work done around the place which will be good. Lots to do.. more importantly we need to take the big step and get organised to see an architect about our house extensions...

I wish I liked Easter more but I am an atheist and I dont like chocolate that much! Also I hate having the shops closed for 2 whole days!! But the family time is nice :)

So from this Easter grinch - I hope everyone has happy safe Easter breaks xoxo

6 comments:

Grammatically Delicious Designs said...

Atheists are few and far between in the rural Midwest. Usually it is just the science teachers. Then I looked at your profile again . . . ahhh microbiologist! I'm definitely Christian, but often wonder. Can I ask? Was your family atheist? Definitely disregard if I am being too personal. Seriously, I am just curious about all kinds of religion and lack thereof.

Danielle

Amy said...

You are fine to ask Danielle :)

yes I was raised by atheist parents. But my grandparents on one side were very very religious (anglican) and my grandfather on the other side was interested in all religions and spent his whole life researching and learning which I really admired.

I like the giving and loving aspects of christianity but just think it is a shame that so few people truly live by it.

I like a lot of aspects of buddhism to be honest :) but again not the "god" aspects, just the spiruality..

Kirrily said...

Happy Easter Amy!!!

Leila said...

Happy Easter Amy xxx

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

Have a nice time away.

Your interview is up on my blog. xx

Anonymous said...

I hear you on crawling into bed - I am feeling a bit under the weather myself, and like you - no rest when I have a 5 month old :(

Hope you feel better soon!

(Oh and I'm with you bah humbug to easter :P)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I