Thursday, 16 April 2009

My little one is double figures now!!!

Its been a busy month - Elka has started walking- wobbly steps that are increasingly becoming more controlled and she can do up to four at a time now. She loves to stand unsupported and bop around dancing.

She is still eating and sleeping well - 12 hours a night still. She is eating more grown up food now - like chicken pieces and spag bol. She has started having toast in the morning and likes crackers to snack on. She has had a month of sickness, poor baby. We have been to the doctor for an ear infection and for a viral rash so far. I am looking forward to her immunity picking up so she doesnt have every lurgy that is going around daycare...

She is very vocal now - still wont really say Dad though! But loves to chatter on about Mum. She is big on pointing - both at us and and at photos of us. She can pick us out of photos if you ask her to. She tries to sing Baa Baa black sheep - its so cute listening to her sing away. She also just "sings" along in a high pitched voice which is adorable. She has learnt to make that Indian waa-waa noise with her hand over mouth which cracks me up as she looks so pleased with the sound she makes. She loves to wave and point at everything and everyone. She feeds me her finger food and laughs when I eat it.

Her play is becoming much more sophisticated - she understands so much more now. If I ask her to put a block in her storage box she will. She also puts things into her little purse and then takes them back out again. Her favourite toys at the moment are books and her walkers. She is starting to cry when something gets taken off her. She has also discovered how to open drawers and cupboards and does this endlessly if allowed. She has a cute habit of doing 360's on the floor on her bum, she is getting very fast! She plays crawling chaseys and likes being chased and tickled.

I laugh all day - she is great entertainment and good company with her chatting, singing and listening. It only gets more fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 months Elka! What a cutie - she sounds like such a happy little girl - and such a busy little girl. I love reading these posts from you as it shows me what I have in store for Zoe in the coming months.

Deb said...

Aww, Elka is such a cutie Amy. She's a bit more advanced then Jem in her walking and Jem has no idea who we are if we point to a picture but Jem loves doing the 360's too. Makes everyone laugh.
Will come and do an update post soon. xx

Leila said...

Wow! Happy 10 months! She is gorgeous Amy, you must such a proud Mummy!

Amy said...

Thanks guys!

Alicia - I am exactly the same - I love reading what Elka will be getting up to next!

Deb - so nice to see you here! LOL at Jem and the 360's - they are funny arent they!

Thanks Leila :) xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I