Sunday, 26 April 2009
You might remember (or may well not!) that I metioned that I am painting our bedroom and that I had a colour disaster and hated it. Here is the post.

Well I have completed the second round of painting and I am very happy now! The room is warm, cosy and beautifully feminine. It is so romantic and decadent in there now.

I am ready to share some photos although they dont do the colour or the atmosphere justice.

These are the original "Befores" - the plain apricot/cream that we have as the base colour in the house and the past owners terrible attempt at a textured feature wall.



This is the first colour choice - the Tiffany blue - in real life this paint colour was a lot brighter and stronger (it really did match my Tiffany blue jewellery boxes). As I mentioned previously, it made the room feel very cold and the light was blue tinged and very hard. It was meant to be painted on all the walls, not just as a feature wall as shown but I stopped since I didnt like it.


And finally - the finished room - it was a horrible room to paint as it has large windows, built in cupboards, a walk in robe and a wall air conditioner - SO much cutting in! So it took awhile but was well worth it. I love it.


9 comments:

April @ Composed by April said...

I LOVE the colour Amy, it looks fantastic!

Chantelle {fat mum slim} said...

It looks beautiful. Really beautiful.

I just want to jump in bed and have a snooze. x

Mystyle House said...

Really romantic! Love it. Looks so cosy.

Emmett said...

Looks good.

Camarli said...

Amy , I love that colour it is so inviting and warm, yet so relaxing !

Leila said...

Oh that looks so beautiful Amy! Very nice - I love the colour!

Anonymous said...

It looks so nice, warm and inviting now! Great colour choice :)

Heather said...

Looks lovely against your antique furniture

Amy said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments guys :)

xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I