Sunday, 10 January 2010
So I caved on the weekend and bought some maternity clothes - the bump is getting harder and harder to accomodate. Last time I wasn't this big, this early so I managed to squeeze through the Summer in my own clothes. But its just not happening this time...

So I may have been going to the beach but managed to hit one of my favorite shopping factory outlets on the way home and discovered that Pumpkin Patch was having a maternity clothes sale (yes I still find their clothes mumsy lol) but I did manage to pick through and find two tops that were reasonable and were marked at the bargain prices of $8 and $12....



I also indulged in a lovely soft new maxidress in a vain attempt to still buy "normal clothes"


I am pretty good for dressy casual clothes and work clothes and I just slob around the farm anyway (who cares if my shorts aren't done up). But I am stumped for what to wear in a few weeks to a work trip to Australia Zoo - my current students are presenting their research so I need to be well dressed but we are also getting a behind the scenes tour of the hospital, zoo and animal facilities so I don't want to be too dressy. Throw in the fact that most of my suitable clothes are not fitting and its a puzzle I am yet to solve. Gosh if that is my hardest decision this week then I think I am doing OK really!

2 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

Nice finds - I particularly love the dress!

Mel said...

Great bargains Amy!

As for your work trip, shame you don't live closer! I have some gorgeous cotton maternity tops I used to wear to work under my suit which would do the trick for you.

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I