Wednesday, 5 May 2010
I think the whole baby concept is starting to get real to Elka now. She loves to say "Big Sister" and her best friend at daycare is also waiting to become a big brother, so they get together and play "babies in tummies" together apparently. Elka assures me that she will be a big help with the baby and she is very excited about the new seat that will go on the pram and in the car.

We have started explaining that Mummy will have to go to hospital. She listened seriously and then nodded and said "like Ferdie in the box to the Dr". Which was me taking our cat Ferdie to the vet in his travel box for his vaccinations, which has been a high point of her month as it was so exciting! Hoping not to get shoved in an animal transport box to get to hospital but hey at least she was on the right track! She is now all excited about this hospital trip as it means that Nanny and Poppy are coming to stay. Whatever keeps her happy whilst I am away is good to me...

She loves to show everyone my bare tummy - dragging my top up without any warning. In the middle of the Anzac Day Service she was determined that she was going to lift my dress up to show everyone, much to our earnest convincing otherwise!

She kisses my tummy and pats the baby - it makes me melt. She has now taken to putting her ear on my belly to listen to the heartbeat since Jase loves doing that. Jase snapped this beautiful photo of her doing it :) Gorgeous xoxo

4 comments:

Kate21 said...

Absolutely beautiful, Elka is going to be such a fantastic big sister! xxoo

Sars said...

Ugh i can't ever remember my password for here!! I hope this doesn't double post :)

Thats beautiful, does melt the heart doesn't it, apparently my sister used to breastfeed her dollies when my brother was born hahaha anyways hope the adjustment isn't too hard for Miss E, she will be a wonderful big sis!

Mel said...

Gorgeous Amy! Elka is going to be a very helpful and doting big sister.

Liam is going through the same thing now with Ashleigh - but he wasn't quite there when she was born 8mths ago (bit of an age difference! LOL), so we missed that stage. :)

britt@absolutealaia said...

She is just too precious for words :-)

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I