Thursday, 20 May 2010
blogging enthusiasm.

I have plenty of lovely things to blog about or even pregnancy whinges and reports but am just not feeling the inspiration lately. So I am just trying to write whatever comes into my head...

I have nested around the house since starting maternity leave and I am almost done with my list of jobs, my major job left is getting pictures printed since we havent done that since Elka's first birthday - yep a full 11 months ago!

I have started the mobile for the nursery - I handmade Elka's star mobile that she still loves above her change table so I am doing the same for this bub. This time it is in black and white and its little owls. I have chosen black and white as accent colours and patterns for the pink and white striped walls we will be painting. I picked black and white cherry blossom fabric for the nursery curtains and Mum is currently sewing them up for me - stay tuned for pics :)

I have had more massages (bliss), shopped with Mum minus Elka (peaceful - well as peaceful as shopping in pregnancy pain can be!), watched DVDs, read magazines, cooked nice food and nested happily. I visited work and they are coping without me which was great to see. I am marking university assignments for the course I lecture in and am pleased with the students quality this year..

I am however, starting to experience painful contractions with back pain and period pain and lots and lots of lower pelvic nerve pain. I find sleeping and lying down near impossible for long periods of time at the night. I am a little sick of being the centre of attention everytime I venture off the farm, people just love to comment, question and stare since I am carrying a such a protruding belly way out front. So to say I am over.it is an understatement. Very ready for bub to make her appearance. The obs assures me that it is any time now but I still remember him saying that about Elka from 37 weeks on also and she arrived on her due date... so really I think he is just trying to cheer me up!

I am stressed - we are in the process of finalising our contract for our extensions with the builder and hoping that the bank, who gave us pre-approval last year will still come to the party even though a bit of time has passed (and technically we will have a second dependent now too!). We start major earthworks on Wednesday with a huge semi requiring us to pull out three different paddock fences so that he can drive across our sloped block to reach the base of the deck to install our new home sewerage system (oh that is as expensive as it sounds too!). So I am reluctantly preparing for the noise and privacy invasion to begin, what joy as a tired overwraught 38 week pregnant woman and even more so for the poor new born!

I think its that drawn out process and all the waiting - both of the pregnancy and the house extensions. I am ever so hopeful that in 2-3 weeks it will all be "systems go" and I can just focus on surviving through a very busy crazy stage of our life..

Really it couldnt be a worse time for Jase to be acting as his Senior Director as he is terribly distracted too and I would love to be able to rely more on his support.

So there it is - my head space - hehe sure to only get worse. Those last couple of weeks of pregnancy can be horrors! Hard to understand unless you have been there...
xoox

3 comments:

Simone said...

i haven't printed any photos since oliver's 1st birthday either. he is 3 on monday. me bad mumma

Mel said...

Wow Amy! I still cannot believe everything that you're going to be going through over the next few weeks! I found having a newborn and a toddler hard enough, let alone having the renovations you're getting done! And with Jase so preoccupied as well with work too! I hope you have some family/friends on hand to help out if and when you need it! Wish I was closer to offer that help myself. :)

Amy said...

LOL Simone!

Aww thank you Mel xoxo

About Me

My Photo
Amy
I am 30 years old, am a microbiologist with a PhD and love looking after my little farm. I compete in dressage and showjumping with my horses. I have a passion for shopping and a weakness for pretty clothes, shoes and handbags. My husband and I have a gorgeous toddler called Elka and a little bub named Bronte. I am a mother who works and has a career - just don't call me a "working mother". I don't do inside hobbies and craft and have only successfully sewn two things in my life that weren't ripped horserugs. The scientist in me makes me a little cynical and I am more likely to tell you about my life and events then give you a pretty polaroid style picture and an inspiring quote. Not for everyone but I have a bad memory and blogging is my way of recording life :)
View my complete profile

Blogs I Love

Followers

I'm a Blog This member
inspiring and connecting with Australian Bloggers.

Photobucket

Spech and I

Spech and I